Good Hemp are FEMAS accredited to supply ingredients to the animal feed sector and to comply with all EU regulations. Hemp ingredients give unique added value to natural pet foods and pet treats. Hemp seed ingredients offer genuine category extension and point of difference.
Hemp is natural, free from all allergens including soya, lactose and wheat. Good Hemp ingredients are an excellent source of Oil, Protein and Dietary Fibre and highly relevant to natural pet foods and natural pet treats. Key to the content of all hemp ingredients is the uniquely healthy oil.
Benefits of feeding oils for pets
Dietary fats are required both as a source of energy and as a source of the essential fatty acids Omega 3 and Omega 6, which are not synthesised by the body. Together, Omega 3 and Omega 6 play a crucial role in pet health.
Deficiencies in Omega 3 and Omega 6 can lead to:
- Reduced Growth, Dermatitis, Infertility, Compromised Immunity, Poor Joint Health, and Increased risk of Cardiovascular Disease
Whereas correct levels of Omega 3 and Omega 6 lead to:
- Healthy Skin, Healthy Coat, Healthy Joints, Reduction of total HDL cholesterol, Good Fertility, Healthy Immune System, Good Growth and Development
Typical recommended inclusion rate for oil in pet diets is 2ml per 6g of body weight per day.
Composition of oils
The balance of Omega 3 to Omega 6 in the diet is important. There is a complex interaction between these Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs) including a competition for enzymes controlling the metabolic pathways between these two groups of fats.
Too much of one fatty acid can stop the formation of the other fatty acid. Too much Omega 6 inhibits the formation of Omega 3. For example, Diets including soya oil, sunflower oil or olive oil can lead to too much Omega 6.
Benefits of Hemp Oil in pet food
Hempseed oil is cold pressed from seed at temperatures below 38˚C and unlike commonly used oils in pet nutrition is not chemically refined or treated in any way. It has none of the odours or toxins and dioxins often occurring in fish oils. And hemp provides a perfect balance of Essential Fatty Acids naturally with none of the compromises of synthesised oils.
Compared to other oils, hemp oil contains:
- The highest level of polyunsaturated fats
- One of the Lowest levels of Saturated fats
- Optimal ratio of Omega 3 to Omega 6 at 3:1
- A rich source of Omega 3 and Omega 6
Hemp Oil provides added value in Natural Pet Foods because it is:
- Highly palatable
- Very efficient source of dietary energy
- Contains unique forms of Omega 3 & Omega 6 in the most efficient form to metabolise of any plant oil
- Free from the smell and toxins of fish oils
- Free from all allergens
- Free from GMO
- Delivers correct ratio of Omega 3 and Omega 6 without causing imbalance
- Helps reduce HDL Cholesterol and reduce risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Completely traceable
Fish Feed & Bait
Good Hemp ingredients apply the same quality controls to angling ingredients as hemp food ingredients. We understand the exacting standards of modern anglers and the importance of dependable quality for fishing bait manufacturers. We also bring new specialist ingredients to the market, which are ideal for added value products to expand existing ranges.
We believe quality begins with the right raw material.